The single-arm dumbbell snatch is a dynamic, compound move that works your whole body and improves your speed and agility. This exercise helps to develop your coordination and explosiveness and strengthens your shoulders, lower back, hamstrings, glutes, and lats.
1. Using an overhand grip, grab a dumbbell in one hand and stand with the feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
2. Quickly pull the dumbbell toward the ceiling while simultaneously extending your knees and hips and raising your body on the balls of your feet. Keep the dumbbell close to your body.
3. As the dumbbell reaches its highest point, quickly rotate your elbow under the weight and extend your arm. The dumbbell will rest over the top of your shoulder with the palm facing away from your body.
4. Control the dumbbell back to the starting position and repeat.
5. Complete 3-4 sets of 5-8 reps each side.