If you’re a fan of stir fry, you need to try this delicious Sesame Chicken Stir Fry from Campbell’s!
Sesame Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients – serves 4
1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
1 carton Campbell’s® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thigh, cut into bite size pieces
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 large red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
2 green onion, sliced
- In a saucepan with a fitted lid, combine the rice with 3 cups of roasted garlic chicken broth. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Toss the boneless skinless chicken in the mixture to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken in a single layer over the surface of the skillet. Stir fry chicken pieces until golden brown on the bottom. Flip the chicken and continue to cook until golden brown all over, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining broth, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger and sesame seeds.
- Pour the sauce over chicken, tossing to coat in the sauce. Stir in red bell peppers. Let the sauce thicken and peppers soften for about 3 minutes, stirring often. Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with green onions.
- For more veggies, add green beans, broccoli, and other colours of bell pepper. Top with red pepper flakes for added spiciness.
- Use low sodium soy sauce for a less salty alternative.
- For a stir fry honey sesame chicken recipe, substitute brown sugar for honey.