Welcome to your MINDFUL EATING challenge.
Your challenge this week is to EAT MINDFULLY at least 1 meal each day…You may never go back.
The whole idea of mindful eating is to PAY ATTENTION to how you feel before, during, and after your meals … From how full you get while you’re eating … to how the food tastes and feels in your mouth … and even how you feel afterward.
This helps you tune in to your body so you can recognize when you’re feeling satisfied and good … Versus eating out of habit or because you’re stressed, happy, or for entertainment. Plus, you’ll likely develop a newfound appreciation for the food you eat.
Here’s how to get started: When it’s time to eat
- Turn off the TV and put your phone out of reach.
- Eat slowly, taking time to thoroughly chew and taste each bite. It takes your body about 20 minutes to recognize that it’s full.
- Focus on how each bite of food makes you feel.
- Stop eating when you’re full.
- And also, before and after you eat, note – without judgment – whether you are truly hungry, and whether the food you chose is of benefit to your health, goals, and well-being.
At first, this might feel a little frustrating but hang with it … it’s just ONE meal a day. When you start to tune in, you’ll probably find your habits and food preferences begin to change.