The TRX face pull is a great exercise to strengthen your upper/mid-back muscles, which will help improve posture and rounded shoulders.
Primary muscles worked
- Mid Traps
Secondary muscles worked
How to do TRX Face Pull:
- Step 1: Set the TRX straps to an elevated point.
- Step 2: Grab the handles with an overhand grip and lean back at a slight angle.
- Step 3: Let your arms go straight out at about face level. Hips should be lifted and glutes engaged. Your head, hip and feet should be perfectly lined up.
- Step 4: Pull your body towards the handles and keep your hands at face level.
- Step 5: As you pull yourself up, bend your elbows so that they make a 90-degree angle (externally rotate your shoulders). Your hands should end in line with your ears.
- Step 6: Remember to retract your shoulder blades and squeeze your upper back muscles as you pull yourself closer to the handles.
- Step 7: Let your body back down slowly so that your arms are straight again. This completes one repetition.
- Step 8: Repeat for 2-3 sets of 10-12 reps.
Tip: The further you walk away from the anchor point, the easier the exercise becomes. To add difficulty, simply take a step or two closer to the anchor point.